Senior Business Development Manager/Director of Vantage Pension Trustees Limited (the “Company”)
Job Description (Non Contractual)
Reports to: Director - Head of Pensions
Hours of Work: 9am to 5pm or as necessary to perform the required duties
Direct Reports: None
• Vantage Pension Trustees Limited is looking for a dynamic professional with 5-10 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
• Holds or is working towards a relevant professional qualification (equivalent to the Jersey Financial Services Commission's requirements as a Principal Person i.e. STEP, ICSA, or equivalent).
- To develop and deliver a business development growth strategy and identify opportunities, focused on both financial gain and client/intermediary satisfaction.
- To develop and promote the Company’s brand, both locally and globally (as appropriate).
- To develop and implement a marketing plan for the Company, including seeking new business opportunities in line with the Company’s objectives and targets.
- Liaise with professional advisors such as independent financial advisors, accountants, lawyers, tax advisors and investment advisors, where required.
- To assist the Head of Pensions in planning and managing the day to day activities of the Company, both in its capacity as Trustee and Pension Administrator and as a regulated entity.
- To assist in identifying opportunities to improve current processes, systems and controls to reduce risks and improve the efficiency of the Company.
Principal Objectives and Responsibilities (other objectives may be assigned from time to time):
- To fulfill the role, duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Undertake market research and seek opportunities for pension product development.
- Plan deal approaches, presentations, and pitches to meet agreed targets.
- Be fully involved with the management of the Company’s budget.
- If applicable, become a member of the Company’s Board of Directors, providing regulatory span of control for the Company as a Principal Person, as defined by the Jersey Financial Services Commission’s Trust Company Codes of Practice.
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the Company’s compliance and anti-money laundering procedures and, in particular, with meeting regulatory standards set by the JFSC, including (but not limited to) complying with all regulatory requirements for TCB and anti-money laundering /terrorist financing, thus reducing the risk to the business.
- Ensure all pension vehicles and client services are administered in accordance with the Company’s Licence, the trust deed and rules and service level agreements and policies and procedures manual(s) are adhered to.
- Keep abreast of all changes in legislation in relation to the pension vehicles and be a point of reference for all enquiries relating to pension schemes.
- Develop a strategy, systems and procedures to enable the effective execution and on-boarding of new business.
- Develop and inspire the team to implement the strategy to achieve the objectives and targets.
- Deputise for the Head of Pensions in the management of the team and supervise team activity.
- Authorise cash payments and transfers in accordance with the procedures for the unrestricted signing limits of an “A” signatory.
- Demonstrate high levels of conduct in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures and strategy and adhere to the training and competence scheme requirements.
- Assist with the training needs of the department, providing guidance and support to subordinate members of the department, where required.
- Personally, undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up-to date with technical, legal and market developments via use of e-learning, internal and external presentations and reading market related material.
- Always demonstrate the professionalism of the Company when dealing with or visiting clients, dealing with product providers, and in all communications and to conduct the business of the Company always in a courteous and efficient manner.
Email your CV to HR@vantage.je
Closing date: 20th November