Trust Manager of Vantage Pension Trustees Limited (the “Company”)
Job Description (Non Contractual)
Reports to: Director - Head of Pensions
Hours of Work: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Direct Reports: 2 x Pension Administrators
This job description is non contractual and Vantage Pension Trustees Limited (the “Company”) reserves the right to review, revise, amend or replace the content of this job description from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the business.
Employees may be required to undertake such duties and such work as may be necessary to meet the business needs and any work produced by an employee which is relevant to the business of the Company shall be deemed to have been produced in the course of employment.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Pension administration team to maximise their potential to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Oversee the administration of Pension Trust schemes, ensuring all processes are fully monitored and completed in line with client, regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Identify opportunities to improve current procedures, systems and controls to reduce risks and improve the efficiency of the Pensions department.
Principal Objectives and Responsibilities (other objectives may be assigned from time to time):
To fulfill the role, duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage workflows and supervise the Pension administration team activity, checking work where appropriate to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Oversee the training needs of the Pension administration team, providing support and guidance.
- Act as a point of escalation in relation to clients’ queries and assist in the resolution of any issues.
- Ensure all pension vehicles and client services are administered in accordance with the trust deed and rules, service level agreements and policy & procedures manual(s) where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, attending meetings and assisting with trustee services when required.
- Authorise cash payments and transfers in accordance with the procedures.
- Assist with promoting our services to existing and potential new clients.
- Demonstrate high levels of conduct in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures and strategy and adhere to the training and competence scheme requirements.
- Undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up-to date with relevant technical, regulatory, legal and market developments via use of e-learning, internal and external training and reading market related material.
- Keep abreast of all changes in legislation in relation to the pension vehicles and be a point of reference for all enquiries relating to pension schemes.
- Always demonstrate the professionalism of the Company when dealing with or visiting clients, dealing with product providers, and in all communications and to conduct the business of the Company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
- To conduct yourself in accordance with the Company’s compliance and anti-money laundering procedures and, in particular, with meeting regulatory standards set by the Jersey Financial Services Commission, including (but not limited to):
- Ensuring that customers receive appropriate and clear information about products in good time, to enable them to make informed choices;
- Providing a good level of service, in accordance with customers’ expectations;
- Assisting customers and, where applicable, resolving customer complaints in accordance with written procedures; and
- Bringing instances of any complaints, non-compliance and concerns generally about the fair treatment of customers to the Director’s attention, including any potential conflicts of interest.
- To have a working knowledge of IT systems including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and database platforms with accurate data input skills.
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties that an employee is required to undertake.
Employees must be aware that they may be required to perform duties that are not listed above or as directed by the Company to reflect the changing needs of the business and operational requirements.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12th July